Resources for students
We provide guidance and resources to advanced degree candidates interested in pursuing a consulting career. In addition to organizing webinars, we bring recruiters from consulting companies for informational sessions and networking nights on campus. We conduct case competitions and outreach efforts with several leading consulting companies such as McKinsey & Company, L.E.K., 1798, ClearView, Bain & Company and Booz Allen Hamilton. Through a monthly newsletter, we reach out to our student community with news and updates while providing them with resources for pursuing a career in strategic consulting.
We also work closely with boutique life science companies like Windrose consulting, Decibio Consulting, Simon-Kucher & Partners, etc. to help our students learn about recruitment opportunities.
We also liaise with start-ups and incubators in the San Diego area and work closely with them to solve real world business problems in 8 to 10- weeklong projects. We provide companies easy access to a large, qualified and dedicated talent pool with deep expertise in diverse fields. Consulting companies and venture capitalists like 1798, Tech Coast Angels and O’Connect have also recruited and mentored interns through APDCC. We have successfully completed over 20 consulting projects in the past 3 years. Each project is an 8-10 week engagement with a 6-10 membered team. We have so far worked with local start- ups to do:
- - Market entry strategy
- - Research and development strategy
- - Pricing strategy
- - Marketing and advertising strategy
- - Competitive landscape analysis
- - Strategic business analysis for financial evaluations
- - Interviewing key opinion leaders and payers
- - Regulatory and investigational new drug enabling research
- - Aligning financial resources for small business innovation research through federal funding
- - Evaluating customer interest and unmet need in the market